Taking kids on a beach holiday should be easy – all you need is beach, ocean, sun and ice cream! Here are our kids’ favourites from playgrounds, short walks to cherished seasonal activities. Make your stay at Waihi Beach a family favourite!
Waihi Beach is one of the safest beaches on the east coast. Take your boogie board and sand toys and make it a race to collect sea shells and drift wood!
- Best playgrounds close to the beach are: Brighton Recreation Reserve on Savage Ave with a fun castle and swings with a view. In high season we like to go to Seaforth Rd Rec Reserve and grab a coffee at the mobile Espresso Hub Bar right next to the swings (check location on their website)
- Bowentown Head walk is nice and easy for all ages and gets you a view across the bay
- Ice Cream at the Waihi Beach Hotel which has a lovely playground in the back
- Fish & Chips on the beach from the Chip Shop in the Village
- Hot pools in Athenree
- Waihi mining museum shows you everything there is to know about gold!
Seasonal activities - We have an active local community with loads of family events. Check at the info centre for the latest updates.